Thursday, April 3, 2008

Introductions

Hello, my name is DiscoSam and I wanted to introduce myself and explain a little about why I started this blog. First I am an Instructional Designer - officially for almost two years by title - have been designing courses and working with faculty since 1999. I work at San Juan Community College in Farmington, New Mexico - but I am employed by SunGard Higher Education. I am currently working on my Master's through New Mexico State in Community College administration (this is my first semester). I have a bachelors in elementary education and an associates in graphic design.

Enough about me for know - I started this blog as a place to jot down my ideas, thoughts, and possibly my ramblings about community college administration, instructional design, online education, and online student support. I also wanted a place to document my learning/professional development.

Over the next couple months I will also be preparing my presentation that I will be doing at TTIX (Teaching with Technology Idea Exchange - http://www.ttix.org/). The presentation is entitled "The Separation of Course and Classroom". The main focus is to get SME's and faculty to stop building their courses inside a course management system and to build them so that they can be delivered in multiple classroom settings i.e. online, mobile, face-to-face, hybrid or any combination above. If you have seen any anything that will support this idea please pass it along - I am always looking for more information.

I think that is all I wanted to say for this first posting. More to come soon . . .

No comments: