Friday, October 10, 2008

dailyPosts 10/10/2008

  • Technology Experience
    1. I feel confident using the keyboard and the mouse.
    Yes No

    2. I feel confident working with files, such as creating, saving and printing documents.
    Yes No

    3. I feel confident about logging on to an Internet service provider and navigating to different web sites.
    Yes No

    4. I feel confident about using most of the tools in the web browser, such as navigating to the next or previous web page, printing a web page, or bookmarking web pages.
    Yes No

    5. I feel confident about my Internet skills, such as using a search engine, identifying and downloading appropriate files, and installing new browser software.
    Yes No

    6. I feel confident about resolving most common error messages while surfing the Internet, such as "connection timed out" and "page not found."
    Yes No

    7. I feel confident about my electronic e-mail skills, such as logging in and out of the account, sending and receiving mail, and attaching and downloading files.
    Yes No

    8. I feel confident about basic troubleshooting, such as rebooting the computer in case of a crash and resolving printer errors.
    Yes No





    Access to Tools
    9. I have consistent and convenient access to a computer with a Pentium chip or higher, such as a PC running Windows 2000 or XP, an iMac or PowerMac running OS 9 or higher.
    Yes No

    10. I have a reliable Internet connection.
    Yes No

    11. My computer is equipped with a sound card with headphones or speakers and microphone.
    Yes No

    12. My computer is capable of at least 800 x 600 resolution.
    Yes No

    13. I have a working printer attached to my computer.
    Yes No

    14. My computer has a working DVD drive.
    Yes No

    15. My computer has a working CD-ROM drive.
    Yes No

    16. My Internet connection speed is at least 56K or higher. DSL or Cable recommended.
    Yes No

    17. I have one of the following Web browsers: Safari, Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, AOL 7.0 or higher (PC) or AOL OS X, or Netscape 7.0.
    Yes No

    18. I have virus protection so

    tags: online, readiness, survey

No comments: